Provides a comprehensive background on endoscopic spine surgery and covers an unparalleled number of minimally invasive spine procedures that have revolutionized the spine treatment paradigm.
Due to the narrow endoscopic view, subtle microanatomical differences in the lumbar, thoracic, and cervical regions are not always easy to visually discern. To address this challenge, the book contains detailed procedural descriptions and images mirroring endoscopic views spine surgeons encounter in the OR. Organized anatomically, 53 chapters guide readers systematically through lumbar, thoracic, cervical, and craniocervical junction procedures for pathologies ranging from low back pain and deformities to tumors, lesions, infections, and trauma.
- More than 1000 high quality images including color procedural photographs and medical illustrations provide in-depth visual understanding.
- Spinal pathologies and procedures delineated in 75 videos accessible via the Media Center - from case studies to step-by-step technique tutorials.
- Covers the full spectrum of spine endoscopy including percutaneous approaches, microdiscectomy, laminectomy, discectomy foraminotomy, hemilaminectomy, thoracic decompressions, fusion, fixation, and thoracoscopic procedures.
- The use of state-of-the-art technology such as ultrasonic bone dissectors, endoscopic radiofrequency denervation, the video telescope operating monitor (VITOM), minimally invasive tubular retractors, and 3D stereo-tubular endoscopic systems.
Publisher: Thieme Medical Publishers
Product Type: Book
Author/Editor: Kim, Daniel H.; Choi, Gun; Lee, Sang-Ho; Fessler, Richard G.
Edition: 2nd Ed.
Doody's Star Rating®:
- Respiratory Care Made Incredibly Easy!
- Master Techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery: Relevant Surgical Exposures
- Handbook of Pediatric Urology
- Nursing Informatics for the Advanced Practice Nurse: Patient Safety, Quality, Outcomes, and Interprofessionalism
- Top 3 Differentials in Radiology: A Case Review
- Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research
- Neuromuscular Spine Deformity
- Pediatric Ophthalmology
- Illustrated Tips and Tricks in Sports Medicine Surgery
- AudioDigest Platinum
- Brain & Life
- Breaking the Silence on Cancer and Sexuality: A Handbook for HealthCare Providers
- Color Atlas & Synopsis of Clinical Ophthalmology: Retina
- Oxford Textbook of Palliative Medicine
- Telephone Triage for Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Clinical Nutrition Insight
- Perez & Brady's Principles and Practice of Radiation Oncology
- Master Techniques in Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery: Otology, Neurotology, and Lateral Skull Base Surgery
- Triage Protocols for Aging Adults
- Care Coordination: A Blueprint for Action for RNs
- Fast Facts: Prostate Cancer
- Journal of the Dermatology Nurses' Association
- Rapid Access Guide for Triage and Emergency Nurses: Chief Complaints with High Risk Presentations
- Evidence-Based Ophthalmology: Critical Appraisals and Healthcare Economic Analysis
- Digital Echo Atlas, The: A Multimedia Reference
- Operative Standards for Cancer Surgery: Volume II: Esophagus, Melanoma, Rectum, Stomach, Thyroid
- International Pharmaceutical Abstracts (IPA)
- Safe Handling of Hazardous Drugs