This exciting new edition reflects the entire arc of the development of the revolutionary techniques of structural fat grafting, which have sprung from the growing awareness worldwide of the critical role of fat transplantation in aesthetic and reconstructive surgery.
Presented by the editors and more than ninety renowned experts on structural fat grafting, this extensively updated volume comprises their state-of-the-art experience and techniques on the use of autologous fat in many aspects of plastic surgery to correct, restore, and enhance patients' structural proportions and defects.
- Provides a strong foundation of the current Coleman technique of structural fat grafting, including available instrumentation, and the principles and basic concepts of fat injection.
- Comprehensive coverage on the biology underlying successful fat grafting, as well as excellent color illustrations of the step-by-step technique and descriptions of the effects of the aging process.
- This new edition contains the most current information on the regenerative potential of grafted fat as well as the long-term results of fat grafting, with updated cases demonstrating the staying power of transferred fat.
- A remarkable strength of this book is the purposeful inclusion of these worldwide contributors' many different approaches to harvesting, processing, and placing of lipoaspirate, with generous case examples of their results.
- Clinical applications for all parts of the body, from face and neck to breasts, and upper and lower extremities and genital areas reflect the wide utility of the procedure in reconstructive and aesthetic fields.
- A chapter on complications and the means to avoid them is given extensive coverage.
Publisher: Thieme Medical Publishers
Product Type: Book
Author/Editor: Coleman, Sydney R.; Mazzola, Riccardo F.; Pu, Lee L. Q.
Edition: 2nd Ed.