Publication Year: 2017
Edition: 1st Ed.
Authors/Editor: Kent, Kendra Menzies
Publisher: Springer Publishing Company
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 93
This is a comprehensive review for the new trauma-certified registered nurse exam, featuring innovative clinical judgment--enhancing content review, 500 practice-test Q&As with rationales, test-taking skills, and in-depth coverage of the test blueprint.
This review is distinguished by its unique ""Think in Questions"" format, which helps readers to anticipate the kinds of questions that might be asked and promotes critical thinking throughout the exam. The content review is comprised of bite-size sections for easier learning and memorization that include thousands of unfolding questions, answers, and hints.
The review's user-friendly format guides candidates through each topic with a short content review followed by a Socratic-style Q&A reasoning process to assist in arriving at the best possible clinical judgment. It also includes plentiful tables and charts to reinforce learning, a chapter on test-taking skills, specific guidance on preparing for the certification exam, and useful suggestions related to the exam format.
- Goes beyond mere memorization of facts with ""Think in Questions"" Socratic-style content review
- Provides content review, practice exam-style Q&A with rationales, test-taking skills, and test blueprint format
- Includes thousands of unfolding questions, answers, and hints
- Contains ""bite-size"" sections for each topic for easier learning and memorization
- Includes 500 exam-style questions with rationales