Headed by the team physicians of the New York Yankees and the Chicago White Sox, Baseball Sports Medicine covers all aspects of this multi-faceted area, including injury prevention, management of injuries when they occur, rehabilitation protocols, and outcomes.
It’s an ideal reference for all heath care providers who care for patients at all levels of the sport - from children and adolescents through the major leagues.
- Provides guidance from high-profile leaders in the field of baseball medicine, including experts in the areas of nutrition and mental health, for a well-rounded approach to every athlete.
- Addresses issues at all playing levels, including the rapidly escalating volume of injuries in children and adolescents.
- Features concise, easy-to-read chapters for quick reference or review.
- Covers epidemiology and biomechanics of baseball specific movements; elbow, hand and wrist, shoulder, core and lower extremity, and concussion and spine injuries; youth specific injuries; performance enhancing drugs; and rehabilitation and conditioning.
- Focuses on every aspect of medicine as it relates to baseball, making this an invaluable reference for sports medicine practitioners, PM&R and primary care physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and more.
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Product Type: Book
Author/Editor: Ahmad, Christopher S.; Romero, Anthony A.
Edition: 1st Ed.
Doody's Star Rating®: