Closely mirroring the daily sign-out process, Atlas of Gastrointestinal Pathology: A Pattern Based Approach to Neoplastic Biopsies is a highly illustrated, efficient guide to accurate diagnosis.
This practical reference uses a proven, pattern-based approach to clearly explain how to interpret challenging cases by highlighting red flags in the clinical chart and locating hidden clues in the slides. Useful as a daily “scope-side guide,” it features numerous clinical and educational features that help you find pertinent information, reach a correct diagnosis, and assemble a thorough and streamlined pathology report.
- More than 1,600 high-quality photomicrographs capture the subtle morphologic spectrum of neoplastic processes of the tubular GI tract. Each image is captioned with key diagnostic considerations and includes call-outs showing subtle features and diagnostic clues.
- Practical tools throughout the text include:
- Tables that emphasize salient clinicopathologic features, management implications, and therapeutic options
- Discussions of how and when to incorporate molecular tools
- Checklists for key elements of the diagnostic approach and sample notes for inclusion in pathology reports
- Relevant endoscopic images, photographs of select gross specimens, and medical figures
- Brief reviews of normal histology that provide contrast to succeeding patterns
- “Pearls and Pitfalls” and “Near Misses” sections with lessons from real life sign-out experience
- “Frequently Asked Questions” sections that discuss common diagnostic dilemmas
- “Sample Note” sections that offer a template of how to synthesize complicated or especially challenging topics
- Quizzes in every chapter that provide experience with high-yield, board-style teaching topics
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Product Type: Book
Author/Editor: Lam-Himlin, Dora M.; Montgomery, Elizabeth A.; Arnold, Christina A.
Gastroenterology & Hepatology
Edition: 1st Ed.
Doody's Star Rating®:
Atlas of Gastrointestinal Pathology: A Pattern Based Approach to Neoplastic Biopsies