Reflects the most current understanding of the diagnosis, treatment, genetic basis, and differential diagnoses of inherited skin disorders.
Organized with the needs of busy clinicians in mind, it offers detailed clinical guidance on the signs, symptoms, mode of inheritance, recurrence risk, and diagnosis of over 300 skin disorders, all in an accessible, at-a-glance format. Annotated bibliographies highlight the most relevant and up-to-date medical literature. Newly compiled lists of support groups, both national and international, for patients and their families supplement the ample resources for medical professionals.
- Includes both disease-based chapters and an appendix of skin signs that simplifies differential diagnosis for specialists and general practitioners alike.
- More than 800 color photographs illustrate the full spectrum of hair, skin, and nail abnormalities.
- Extensive annotated bibliographies include both the most current research and classic papers that every clinician needs to know.
- Invaluable reference for dermatologists, medical geneticists, pediatricians, and family practitioners.
- Written to be useful to all clinicians, generalists and specialists, who may see an individual with an inherited skin condition in their practice.
New to this edition:
- Completely updated.
- Revised to reflect the most up-to-date classification of inherited skin disorders.
- More than 50 new full-color photographs.
- Updated annotated bibliographies include the latest dermatologic and genetic research.
- Current contact information for support and advocacy groups allows clinicians to connect patients and families with resources for managing an inherited skin
Publisher: Oxford University Press (OUP)
Product Type: Book
Author/Editor: Sybert, Virginia P.
Edition: 3rd Ed.