Offers a comprehensive reference to the nutritional interventions for diseases across the lifespan.
Comprising more than 60 topic-based chapters from leading figures in nutrition and medicine, this book is the most up-to-date work on diet as a symptom of, and therapy for, chronic, hereditary, and developmental disorders.
Enriched with tables and charts that distill the latest recommendations for nutrient intake, physical activity, this third edition is a convenient and essential resource for busy clinicians and students in nutrition, dietetics, and medical specialties.
- Fully revised and updated to account for recent changes to the recommended daily allowances (RDAs) for macro- and micro-nutrients and other advances in the field of nutrition
- More than 100 contributing authors with significant clinical or research experience in pediatric and adult nutrition
- Covers nutrition and its role in maintaining health at every stage of the lifecycle from gestation to geriatric
- Ideal reference for pediatricians, nutritionists, dietitians, physical therapists, and others who treat children and adults with special needs
New to this Edition:
- Completely revised and updated to reflect the most up-to-date understanding of the biochemical basis of chronic diseases, developmental disabilities, and developmental disorders
- Includes most recent recommendations for nutrient intake, physical activity, prenatal care, healthy body mass index (BMI) and more
- Expanded coverage of the aging special-needs population provides vital insight into this rapidly growing demographic
Oxford University Press
Product Type: Book
Author/Editor: Ekvall, Shirley W.; Ekvall, Valli K.
Food Science & Nutrition
Nutrition & Dietetics
Edition: 3rd Ed.
Doody Core Title