The official English-language open-access journal of the Japan Society for Occupational Health with the aim of publishing original contributions relevant to occupational health.
The scope of the journal is broad, covering toxicology, ergonomics, psychosocial factors and other relevant health issues of workers, with special emphasis on the current developments in occupational health.
The journal also accepts various methodologies that are relevant to investigation of occupational health risk factors and exposures, such as large-scale epidemiological studies, human studies employing biological techniques and fundamental experiments on animals, and also welcomes submissions concerning occupational health practices and related issues. It publishes original articles, review articles, brief reports, case studies, field studies, opinions or recommendations, and letters to the editor.
Six Fields and the Areas covered in the JOH
- Toxicology: Toxicology in chemical substances including experimental and epidemiological studies, exposure assessment and biological monitoring in working conditions or environment.
- Ergonomics: Musculoskeletal disorders, fatigue and other health risks related to workstation design and working conditions; physical environment and safety in the workplace.
- Mental Health/Psychosocial Factors: Factors associated with the mental health of workers; psychosocial factors at work and health outcomes.
- Occupational Health Practice/Occupational Health Practitioner: Role and activities of occupational health practitioners; regulations related to occupational health practice.
- Health Promotion: Factors that contribute to many health and safety problems among workers, measures for protection and health promotion of the health of workers.
- Epidemiology: Large-scale epidemiological studies, trends of health problems in workers, international surveys, studies utilizing risk factors beyond the workplace such as socioeconomic factors and specific epidemiological methodologies.
Product Type: Journal
Author/Editor: Tsutsumi, Akizumi
Update Frequency: 6 Times a Year
Coverage: Vol 61 #1 (2019) - present
Pdf Coverage: Vol 61 #1 (2019) - present