Part of the best-selling Operative Techniques series, Operative Techniques in Plastic Surgery provides superbly illustrated, authoritative guidance on operative techniques along with a thorough understanding of how to select the best procedure, how to avoid complications and what outcomes to expect.
This stand-alone book offers focused, easy-to-follow coverage of flaps for all anatomic regions, taken directly from the larger text. It covers nearly all flap techniques that are in current use, and is ideal for residents and physicians in daily practice.
- Comprehensively covers craniofacial and frontal sinus flaps; head and neck flaps; flaps for breast reconstruction; trunk reconstruction and body contouring flaps; flaps in hand surgery; flaps used in lower limb reconstruction and amputation; and flaps used in pediatric facial reanimation.
- Succinct text, bulleted points, and quick-reference tables allow you to review information quickly and understand best practices and potential problems for each procedure.
- Hundreds of full-color intraoperative photographs and illustrations capture procedures step by step and help you immediately apply your knowledge.
- Each clinical problem is discussed in the same templated format: definition, anatomy, patient history and physical findings, imaging, differential diagnosis, nonoperative management where applicable, surgical management including preoperative planning and approach, step-by-step surgical techniques, pearls and pitfalls, postoperative care, outcomes, complications and references.
- Perfect for a quick preoperative review of the steps of a procedure.
- Editors and contributors are globally renowned authorities in their respective subspecialties and are known for their surgical expertise.
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Product Type: Book
Author/Editor: Chung, Kevin C.; van Aalst, John; Mehrara, Babak J.; Disa, Joseph J.; Lee, Gordon K.; Gosain, Arun K.
Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
Edition: 1st Ed.
Doody's Star Rating®: