Quick and comprehensive information on psychotropic drugs for children and adolescents.
The Clinical Handbook of Psychotropic Drugs for Children and Adolescents has become a standard reference and working tool for psychiatrists, pediatricians, psychologists, physicians, pharmacists, nurses, and other mental health professionals.
- Packed with unique, easy-to-read comparison charts and tables (dosages, side effects, pharmacokinetics, interactions…) for a quick overview of treatment options
- Succinct, bulleted information on all classes of medication: on- and off-label indications, side effects, interactions, pharmacodynamics, nursing implications, and much more – all you need to know for each class of drug
- Potential interactions and side effects summarized in comparison charts
- With instantly recognizable icons and in full color throughout, allowing you to find at a glance all the information you seek
- Clearly written patient and caregiver information sheets
This book is a must for all mental health professionals working with children and adolescents who need an up-to-date, easy-to use, comprehensive summary of all the most relevant information about psychotropic drugs.
New in this edition:
- Drugs for ADHD thoroughly revised and updated
- Antipsychotics with many changes and additions, including fully revised lab tests/monitoring
- Antidepressants fully revised, including new sections on irreversible MAO-B inhibitor and serotonin modulator and stimulator (SMS), revised frequency of adverse effects table and switching strategies recommendations
- Hypnotics completely revised
- Mood stabilizers fully revised and a new toxicity comparison table added
- Drugs of abuse and treatment of substance use disorders comprehensively revised
- New unapproved treatments with significant updates, including: anti-inflammatories and NMDA agents in anxiety/OCD, cannabis use disorder, and irritability of autism
- New agents include: Third generation antipsychotics brexpiprazole and cariprazine, orexin receptor antagonist suvorexant, selective melatonin agonist tasimelteon, serotonin modulator and stimulator vortioxetine
- New formulations and trade names include: Adasuve, Alprazolam Intensol, Aptensio XR, Aristada, Belbuca, Belsomra, Brintellix, Bunavail, Cotempla XR-ODT, Dyanavel XR, Eldepryl, EMSAM, Evekeo, Hemangeol, Hetlioz, Innopran XL, Invega Trinza, Khedezla, Metadol-D, Mydayis, NyQuil, Quillichew ER, Quillivant XR, Rexulti, Tegretol (liquid), Trintellix, Versacloz, Vraylar, Zelapar, Zenzedi
Hogrefe Publishing GmbH
Product Type: Book
Author/Editor: Elbe, Dean; Black, Tyler R.; McGrane, Ian R.; Procyshyn, Ric M.
Edition: 4th Ed.
Doody's Star Rating®:
Doody Core Title: