This updated edition provides students with the essential information they need to care for women and their families, and also to assist them in making the right choices safely, intelligently, and with confidence.
With integrated case studies and nursing procedures throughout, the text takes a nursing process approach, builds on previously mastered content, and includes much that is new, including increased coverage of the cultural and global aspects of maternity and women’s health care.
- Revised Unfolding Case Studies in every chapter, now paired with patient photos, give students an opportunity to apply concepts to real-life scenarios.
- Up-to-date Nursing Procedures provide clear, step-by-step explanations, along with illustrations of variations in nursing care, to help students master vital skills.
- New Bringing It All Together Case Studies begin in the end-of-chapter worksheets and unfold online, providing extended opportunities for students to connect learning to practice.
- Updated Teaching Guidelines, now with rationales, prepare students to educate families.
- Additional evidence-based research findings promote evidence-based maternity nursing practice and interventions.
Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Product Type: Book
Author/Editor: Ricci, Susan Scott
Edition: 4th Ed.
Doody Core Title:
- 2.87 (Maternal/Child) Doodys Essential Title