Succeed in your pathophysiology text with this 9th edition of Porth’s Pathophysiology: Concepts of Altered Health States.
Captivating and easy-to understand, this proven book provides comprehensive, nursing-focused coverage designed to help you grasp both the physical and psychological aspects of altered health.
With this book, you will:
- Prepare for clinical practice with 14 unit-opening case studies that put a real face on pathophysiology and help you relate the clinical presentation to the underlying pathophysiology.
- Master the information you need for success in your career with the unparalleled coverage of disease processes that make this text the most comprehensive pathophysiology text available.
- Increase your understanding of key concepts with the full-color art program that illustrates the clinical manifestations of diseases and disease processes.
- Find the information you need fast with the book’s consistent presentation of each disease , with detailed coverage of pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, and evaluation and treatment.
- Reinforce your understanding of key content with chapter-ending review exercises.
- Develop a strong understanding of pathophysiology concepts with the easy-to-follow narrative that builds concepts on one another, defines words as content is presented, and reviews concepts from physiology, biochemistry, physics, and other sciences along the way.
- Deepen your understanding by pausing and reviewing salient points using the easily-identified section-opening Objectives and section-ending Summaries.
- Retain and apply text information using Key Concepts Boxes help you incorporate key information into a larger conceptual unit, rather than memorizing a string of related and unrelated facts.
- Easily access useful references including lists of common suffixes and prefixes, normal laboratory values in both conventional and SI units, and a comprehensive glossary.
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Product Type: Book
Author/Editor: Grossman, Sheila C.; Porth, Carol Mattson
Edition: 9th Ed.