Setting the standard for more than 30 years, Exercise Physiology has helped more than 350,000 students build a solid foundation in the scientific principles underlying modern exercise physiology.
This edition is newly updated with the latest research in the field to give you easy-to-understand, up-to-date coverage of how nutrition, energy transfer, and exercise training affect human performance.
- Maximize your study time with the book’s vibrant, “magazine style” design that makes the content more engaging and accessible and key information easier to find.
- Reinforce your understanding with Chapter Objectives, Integrative Questions that pose open-ended questions for reflection on complex concepts, and FYI sections that offer “good to know” information.
- Gain an understanding of how researchers contribute to our knowledge of exercise physiology through engaging section-opening interviews with key figures in the field.
- Learn how theoretical concepts relate to practical skills through “In a Practical Sense” features.
- Access the most relevant current information in the field through figures and tables that clarify important concepts and information.
- Gain an understanding of the past, present, and future of the profession through coverage of important milestones and future directions in the field.
Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Product Type: Book
Author/Editor: McArdle, William D.; Katch, Frank I.; Katch, Victor L.
Edition: 8th Ed.
Doody's Star Rating®:
Doody Core Title:
- 2.73 (Sports Medicine) Doodys Essential Title