Filled with the collective wisdom and experience of surgeons at the busiest department of colorectal surgery in the world, Cleveland Clinic Illustrated Tips and Tricks in Colon and Rectal Surgery walks you step by step through each procedure, with pointers given along the way as if from a trusted mentor.
You’ll find a unique collection of insight and personal clinical experience in dealing with challenging and unusual situations—tips and techniques you can use when faced with similar circumstances in the operating room.
- Focuses on the performance of surgical techniques, described in bulleted lists and highlighted with more than 600 full-color photographs, drawings, and images.
- Uses a highly templated format for quick reference: Perioperative Considerations (brief overviews of equipment, anesthesia, patient positioning, and other procedural elements), Technique, and Take Home Points, with the vast majority of each chapter devoted to technique.
- Covers surgery for anorectal disease and pelvic floor disorders, surgery within the abdomen and the pelvis, as well as tips for particular situations such as bowel obstruction, trauma, and the difficult stoma.
- Designed for general surgery residents, colorectal surgery fellows, and practicing colorectal, general, and oncologic surgeons—those in training or anyone who needs to brush up on the latest techniques.
Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Product Type: Book
Author/Editor: Steele, Scott R.; Church, James M.; Delaney, Conor P.; Hull, Tra
Gastroenterology & Hepatology
Edition: 1st Ed.
Doody's Star Rating®:
Doody Core Title
- 2.4 (Gastrointestinal Surgery)
Cleveland Clinic Illustrated Tips and Tricks in Colon and Rectal Surgery