Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Available via LWWHealthLibrary.com, this interactive resource for Internal Medicine residents, residency directors, and staff clinicians offers the right mix of textbooks, video clips, self-assessments, and Q&As to help them confidently provide patient care and achieve success on specialty and certification exams.
• 24 foundational and basic science resources integral to the various rotations for Internal Medicine residents
• Procedural and clinical video clips, as well as video tutorials from residents at the Washington University School of Medicine
• Q&A and self-assessments, organized by topic, that allow users to track their performance
• Books are continually updated with the most current edition
• Sophisticated semantic search targeted to the key diagnoses residents encounter in their intern year
• Clean, user-friendly display of book pages, including tables, images, and linked references
• Multiple chapter views including full chapter, figures only, or tables only
• Subject list displays on textbook browse page for easy navigation, allowing users to filter by subject in search results
• Images downloadable directly into a PPT template
• All content optimized for desktop, tablet, and mobile usage
• MyHealthLibrary account option: allows users to set up email alerts when new content is added, among other personalization functionality
• Ovid Medline widget, for users to quickly search MEDLINE (if their institution subscribes to MEDLINE)
Who uses LWW Health Library: Internal Medicine?
• Residents! Get ready for rounds with patients, other residents and attendings; study for Board and other exams; deepen clinical knowledge and learning.
• Residency program directors! Create course material with book sections and chapters and multimedia assets.
• Clinicians! Devise care plans for patients using self-assessments and treatment information.
Key titles include:
• Washington Manual® of Medical Therapeutics, 36th ed.
• Pocket Medicine, 7th ed.
• Primary Care Medicine, 7th ed.
• Sapira’s Art & Science of Bedside Diagnosis, 5th ed.
• More than 10 Washington Manual® Subspecialty Consults