The carefully selected chapters in this volume provide food for thought to practitioners, researchers, students and all those who come into contact with the tragedy of suicide, with the hope of stimulating new ideas and interventions in the difficult fight against suicidal behaviours.
This is the second book based on the Intuition, Imagination and Innovation – TRIPLE i in Suicidology international conferences, which are organised annually by the Slovene Center for Suicide Research in memory of the late Prof. Andrej Marušic with the aim of promoting intuition, imagination and innovation in the research and prevention of suicide and suicidal behaviour.
In five parts, the internationally renowned team of authors summarises the research looking at:
- Understanding individuals (assessing risk in older adults and psychotherapy with suicidal patients),
- Understanding the groups at risk of suicide (including youth, people in prison, men, and people with mood disorders),
- Understanding the role of community (including the Papageno effect, technology-based and collaborative approaches to prevention, as well as bereavement),
- Models of understanding suicide (including the integrated motivational-volitional model of suicidal behaviour and the hot air balloon model of risk factors for suicide), and
- Understanding the unique ethical and methodological issues associated with research in this field.
An inspiring volume on the prevention of suicide and suicidal behaviour:
- Packed with the latest international research
- New ideas for interventions – for individuals, groups and communities
- Presents models for understanding suicide
- Explores ethical issues
Publisher: Hogrefe Publishing GmbH
Product Type: Book
Author/Editor: De Leo, Diego; Poštuvan, Vita
Edition: 1st Ed.
Doody's Star Rating®: