Publisher: Institution of Engineering &Technology (IET)
Coverage: 1898 - 1968
Here's the entire collection of Science Abstracts Journals digitized (back to volume one) dating from 1898 to 1968.
The Science Abstracts Journals were the precursor to the Inspec database. Subject coverage includes:
- All aspects of physics (originally published as Physics Abstracts)
- Electrical and electronic engineering (introduced as a separate journal in 1903, and originally published as Electrical and Electronic Abstracts)
- Computing and control engineering (introduced as a separate journal in 1966, and published initially as Control Abstracts, later renamed to Computer and Control Abstracts).
The archival backfile contains:
- More than 873,700 records from 176 volumes (and over 140,000 pages) of the printed Science Abstracts Journals - Longer abstracts, tables, graphs and figures from the original source document in many cases
- Original value-added indexing and classifications
- Enhancements in the form of the nearest equivalent current Inspec Thesaurus Terms and Inspec Classification Codes, - Conference proceedings, books, journals, reports and dissertations.
- Fully searchable electronic access to over 70 years of international scientific and technical literature in physics, electrical engineering, electronics, computing and control engineering: gives easier access to a wealth of knowledge gathered since 1898
- High-quality English-language records with value-added indexing plus modern indexing: allows for simple searches across consistently indexed records
- Complements the main Inspec database: extends coverage from 1898 to date
- Better retrieval: INSPEC Archive records are enhanced with INSPEC's current Classification
- Searchable simultaneously with Inspec, using advanced multifile search technology