The thoroughly revised eighth edition helps echocardiographers, fellows, clinicians, and sonographers master the art and science of echocardiography and stay current with all that’s new in the field.
The book guides you through pertinent physics, technology, clinical applications, and new developments in the field. As in the past, the book is written primarily for the practitioner who uses echocardiographic methods to care for and manage patients, with a focus on appropriate clinical applications.
- Enhanced content including echo clips, case studies, and more.
- Includes new content specifically for cardiac sonographers.
- Reflects new training guidelines for cardiology fellows emphasizing the importance of echocardiography in the general practice of cardiology.
- Describes the interrelationship of other imaging technologies with echocardiography and the role of echo as part of a multimodality approach to patients.
- Contains more than 1,600 high-quality illustrations - 600 in full color.
- Covers the use of 3D echocardiography and perfusion imaging; current AHA/ACC guidelines, appropriate use guidelines, and the mechanics and utility of strain and strain rate imaging.
Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Product Type: Book
Author/Editor: Armstrong, William F.; Ryan, Thomas
Rehabilitation & Physical Medicine
Edition: 8th Ed.
Doody's Star Rating®:
Doody Core Title
- 1.8 (Coronary Care)
- 2.4 (Cardiology)