Publication Year: 2016
Edition: 5th Ed.
Authors/Editor: Hoppenfeld, Stanley; de Boer, Piet; Buckley, Richard
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 93
Doody Core Title
The state-of-the-art fifth edition brings readers up-to-date with recent changes in the field, using a highly relevant anatomic approach that has become increasingly important as approaches become smaller.
Through four outstanding editions, this highly regarded text has provided a clear, surgeon's-point of view of orthopaedic anatomy using easy-to-follow descriptions accompanied by hundreds of superb, full-color illustrations.
Designed to increase your anatomic knowledge, increase safety, and improve patient outcomes, this updated resource is a must-have reference for today’s orthopaedic surgeon.
- Each chapter details the techniques and pitfalls of a surgical approach, gives a clear preview of anatomic landmarks and incisions, and highlights potential dangers of superficial and deep dissection.
- Seventeen high-quality procedural videos provide over an hour of surgeries from every relevant angle, including a split screen with diagrams.
- Updates of existing surgical approaches include expanded approaches for emergency decompression of a compartment syndrome of the lower leg and forearm, as well as the addition of a classic approach to fixation of distal radial fractures.
- New coverage of the posterior and postero-lateral approaches to the tibial plateau, surgical dislocation of the hip, a minimally invasive anterior approach to the hip joint, and the lateral approach to the metatarso phalangeal joint of the hallux.
- Revisions include clear depictions of the iliopectinal fascia and the step technique for the flip osteotomy of the greater trochanter.
Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics: The Anatomic Approach