Publication Year: 2012
Edition: 7th Ed.
Authors/Editor: Marc F. Swiontkowski
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 63
Provides you with quick access to the orthopaedic information needed to diagnose and treat musculoskeletal injuries and diseases with confidence.
Your keys to excellence in your orthopaedic challenges:
- Broad scope covers the full range musculoskeletal conditions, from the commonly encountered seen in primary care medicine to the catastrophic seen in the emergency rooms and orthopaedic clinics
- User-friendly outline format provides quick access to essential facts on a variety of acute and chronic orthopaedic disorders
- Treatment algorithms provide an initial approach to all musculoskeletal problems
- Illustrations support the text offering visual guidance on common techniques – including placement of splints, use of casts, and injections
New to the seventh edition:
- All chapters have been updated with the most current information
- New authors have been added to gain a fresh perspective and to update chapter outlines where indicated
- Clear distinction has been made regarding what conditions are appropriately managed by primary care and emergent/urgent care providers and which need orthopaedic subspecialist care
A must have resource for students, residents, primary care providers, emergent and urgent care providers and orthopaedic providers in all practice enviornments.
Manual of Orthopaedics