Publication Year: 2013
Edition: 4th Ed
Authors/Editor: Charney, Dennis S.; Nestler, Eric J.; Sklar, Pamela; Buxmaun, J.
Publisher: Oxford University Press (OUP)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 89
Doody Core Title:
Our understanding of the neurobiological basis of psychiatric disease has accelerated in the past five years. This fourth edition has been completely revamped given these advances and discoveries on the neurobiologic foundations of psychiatry. Like its predecessors the book begins with an overview of the basic science.
- Loaded with 32 new chapters and a completely revamped edition with new section editors and authors
- Cutting edge synthesis of genetics, epigenetics, neurobiology, from animal models to human investigations.
- State-of-the-science discussions of emerging technologies and methodologies such image-guided stimulation therapies and applications of focused ultrasound
- Filled with unique perspectives on DSM-5, RDoC, and other insights on the challenging landscape of psychiatric classification and diagnosis
- Forward-looking vistas on ground-breaking advances that are expected in the field of psychiatry and our treatment of mental illness over the next decade
Neurobiology of Mental Illness