Publication Year: 2014
Edition: 3rd Ed.
Authors/Editor: Katz, David L.; Friedman, Rachel S.C.; Lucan, Sean C.
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody Core Title
This fully updated 3rd edition is edited by a leading authority in nutrition and preventive medicine. Practical and evidence-based, chapters address the effects of diet on health and a comprehensive array of illnesses, making it a vital and timely addition to any caregiver’s library.
- NEW data from hundreds of recent studies
- NEW section: Contemporary Topics in Nutrition
- Easy-reference format includes short chapters, links to current online articles
- Contributors representing diverse expertise and practical experience with medical education, nutrition in clinical practice, and preventive medicine
- Enhanced coverage of controversial topics, such as, the effects of sugar; health effects of obesity and the ‘obesity paradox’; health effects of gluten and grains; nutritional therapy
- Appendices includes ancillary materials such as clinically relevant formulas, nutrition data tables, and patient specific meal planners, all fully updated
Nutrition in Clinical Practice