Now in its updated sixth edition, this highly popular book provides a practical introduction to the basic principles of cardiac pacing.
The text explains when and how to place temporary and permanent pacemakers, how to set rates and make adjustments, and how to monitor patients to ensure that the pacemaker is functioning properly. The complexities of cardiac electrophysiology are discussed in clinically relevant terms.
This edition includes current AHA/ACC guidelines on indications for pacing. Updated coverage reflects changes in biventricular pacing and telemetry and special concerns for patients with implantable cardioverter defibrillators. A glossary and a conversion chart appendix are included.
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Product Type: Book
Author/Editor: Moses, H. Weston; Mullin, James C.
Edition: 6th Ed.
- Ovid Discovery
- Evidence-Based Cardiology
- JBJS Case Connector
- Hypertension Primer: The Essentials of High Blood Pressure: Basic Science, Population Science, and Clinical Management
- Evidence-Based Endocrinology
- Ten Years of Images from Circulation
- Mastering ACLS
- Electrophysiology: The Basics
- Complications of Cardiovascular Procedures: Risk Factors, Management, and Bailout Techniques
- Diabetes Mellitus: A Fundamental and Clinical Text
- Only EKG Book You'll Ever Need, The
- Short Stay Management of Heart Failure
- Johns Hopkins Textbook of Dyslipidemia, The
- The Cleveland Clinic Cardiology Board Review
- Kaplan's Clinical Hypertension
- AHA Clinical Cardiac Consult
- Strategic Approaches in Coronary Intervention
- Cardiovascular MR Imaging: Physical Principles to Practical Protocols
- Feigenbaum's Echocardiography
- Clinical Echocardiography Review: A Self-Assessment Tool
- Heart Failure: Pathophysiology, Molecular Biology, and Clinical Management
- Joslin's Diabetes Mellitus
- Echo Manual, The
- Werner & Ingbar's The Thyroid: A Fundamental and Clinical Text
- Grossman & Baim's Cardiac Catheterization, Angiography, and Intervention
- Manual of Valvular Heart Disease
- Clinical Gynecologic Endocrinology and Infertility
- Atherothrombosis and Coronary Artery Disease
- Pediatric Endocrinology: Mechanisms, Manifestations, and Management
- Complete Guide to Vascular Ultrasound, The