Publication Year: 2013
Edition: 5th Ed.
Authors/Editor: Michael T. Macfarlane MD
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 80
The fifth edition creates a concise source of clinical information on urology for medical students and residents that can be easily carried for quick reference. Concentrating on the non-surgical aspects of urology, this pocket guide provides the information needed for making a diagnosis and deciding on the proper treatment course.
Covering all diagnostic and treatment approaches for all urologic diseases, this pocket guide is also ideal for family practitioners, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and emergency room physicians who wish to quickly review a specific urologic presentation.
- The most common complaints in the general urology clinic
- Concise review of topics for quick study
- Chapters are symptom and disease-based
- The latest AUA consensus guidelines, specifically in the areas of prostate cancer, BPH, small renal tumors, and bladder cancer
- Advances in diagnostic testing, such as imaging and laboratory studies