Publication Year: 2015
Edition: 2nd Ed.
Authors/Editor: Kini, Sudha R.
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 84
In this trusted pathology reference, readers are provided with the most comprehensive, authoritative coverage on the evaluation of thyroid fine-needle biopsy specimens available in one source.
The text discusses everything from basic cytopathology concepts, fine-needle aspiration biopsy techniques, and cytopreparation through the interpretation of the complete range of cytology findings, ancillary diagnostic techniques, and the application of pathology reports to management decisions.
- Effectively interpret the newer liquid-based cytologic preparationsof thyroid aspirates, as well as the traditional wet-fixed Papanicolaou-stained and air-dried Romanowski-stained preparations, with richly illustrated, in-depth coverage of all these approaches.
- Apply the latest molecular diagnostic techniques for evaluating follicular/Hürthle cell lesions of the thyroid gland, prognostication of papillary thyroid carcinomas, and other difficult challenges.
- Obtain balanced guidance on ultrasound-guided FNA biopsy with contributions from both radiologists and endocrinologists.
- Recognize essential clinical features by comparing your specimens to more than 1,700 full-color photomicrographs that depict the full range of fine needle aspiration biopsy findings, including unusual as well as typical patterns.
- Avoid diagnostic pitfalls with an emphasis on overlapping patterns and differential diagnosis.