Publication Year: 2013
Edition: 5th Ed
Authors/Editor: Palmer, Keith T.; Brown, Ian; Hobson, John
Publisher: Oxford University Press (OUP)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 98
The 'bible' of occupational health, Fitness for Work is the most in-depth and comprehensive resource available on the effects of ill health on employment. Expert authors provide practical guidance on the employment potential of anyone with an illness or disability, as well as examining the art and skills of fitness for work assessment and its ethical framework.
- Endorsed by the Faculty of Occupational Medicine of the Royal College of Physicians of London
- Provides comprehensive coverage of occupational health issues, organized by medical condition for ease of reference
- Contains links to additional resources, including useful addresses, contact details, and further reading
- Most chapters co-authored by a topic specialist and a specialist occupational physician, drawing on the skills of each to provide a well-rounded perspective
New to this edition:
- New chapters include sickness absence, health promotion and fitness for work and cancer.
Fitness For Work