The Oxford Specialist Handbook in Paediatric Anaesthesia returns for a new edition with updated practical management advice, and detailed perioperative plans for a wide selection of basic and advanced paediatric procedures.
Invaluable to trainees and consultants alike, this go-to guide details current techniques in a concise and rapid manner, describing how to approach each case. It covers everything from pharmacology, preoperative assessment, and the basic principles of anaesthetic care, to advanced vascular access, pain management, and neonatal surgery. With additional speciality chapters containing both elective and emergency cases, it is the ideal companion to all aspects of paediatric anaesthesia.
- Features up-to-date information on fasting guidelines, pregnancy testing and thromboprophylaxis
- Covers patient care from pre-operative assessment to post-operative care.
- Contains detailed chapters on advanced airway management, advanced vascular access, and regional anaesthesia.
- Includes easy-to-follow perioperative plans for all the common elective and emergency procedures.
- New section on resuscitation, transfers, and emergencies.
About this title:
- It is the must-have quick reference book in the field
- Provides practical tips for management of a wide range of conditions in the field of paediatric anaesthesia
- Following the patient pathway, this guide is easy to navigate by the bedside and in an emergency
- With a clear bullet point structure, this title is ideal when encountering new, unusual or complex cases or procedures
New to this Edition:
- Completely restructured, the second edition follows the patient pathway, making it a logical, easy-to-use guide
- Provides key points in peri-operative care for specific operations and procedures
- Thoroughly updated to follow current guidelines and research
- The chapters on airway management, vascular access, pain management and regional anaesthesia have been expanded significantly
- The new edition provides key points in peri-operative care for specific operations and procedures
Publisher: Oxford University Press
Product Type: Book
Author/Editor: Roberts, Steve
Edition: 2nd Ed.
Doody's Star Rating®: