Publisher: American Psychological Association
PsycEXTRA® a gray literature database, is a companion to the scholarly PsycINFO database. Most of the content was written for professionals and disseminated outside of peer-reviewed journals. PsycEXTRA includes abstracts and citations plus full text for a major portion of the records. There is no coverage overlap with PsycINFO.
Devoted to curating and indexing hard-to-find content from authoritative sources, PsycEXTRA® allows researchers to go beyond traditional peer-reviewed research materials. Discover the latest conference proceedings, newsletters, reports, patient-oriented factsheets and brochures, magazines, monographs, standards and guidelines, and more.
PsycEXTRA® includes scholarly material publshed prior to the peer-review process, such as conference proceedings and papers, technical and annual reports , government reports, policy statements, and white papers; as well as material never intended for scholarly use, but very beneficial to the research process. These include newsletters, magazine and newspaper articles, press releases, consumer brochures, fact sheets, pamphlets, and grant papers.
- Supplements traditional peer-reviewed journals and professional books, making it a preferred source for more recent research than what is typically found in journals and books
- Includes hard-to-find materials, including new innovative reports and monographs, ground-breaking conference papers, and more
- Keeps researchers, students, and clinicians up-to-date on the latest developments by uncovering and indexing materials well before the research appears in other publishing outlets
- Discover the most current research findings from highly respected organizations, including:
- Leading academic and research institutes
- National, state, and regional psychological associations
- Federal and state agencies
- International organizations