Two premier pharmaceutical reference books in one: AHFS Drug Information and Handbook on Injectable Drugs. These books are available only as a two-book package; they are not sold separately.
AHFS Drug Information
Written and published by pharmacists and reviewed by over 500 experts, AHFS Drug Information is the most comprehensive evidence-based source of drug information complete with therapeutic guidelines and off-label uses. The only print compendium designated by the US Congress, AHFS DI is also the only reference published by a non-profit scientific association--ensuring it is the most authoritative and best-selling reference trusted by pharmacists for over 50 years. Each year, an average of over 60% of AHFS content is revised to help you provide the most accurate recommendations for your patients’ drug therapy.
AHFS references are evidence-based and peer-reviewed, compiled without the influence of manufacturers, insurers, regulators, or other interested parties. No other drug information sources can make this claim.
AHFS DI contains information from medical literature and expert advice from over 500 medical scientists, physicians, pharmacists, pharmacologists, and other professionally qualified individuals that goes beyond FDA-approved labeling.
Monographs include: drug interactions; adverse reactions; cautions and toxicity; therapeutic perspective; specific dosage and administration information; preparations, chemistry, and stability; pharmacology and pharmacokinetics; contraindications; and more.
- Information on prescription, OTC, ophthalmic, and dermatologic drugs, plus vitamins and immunizing agents
- Extensive off-label uses and dosing options
- Expanded and revised content throughout, featuring critical new monograph updates every year
- Important updated monographs and references related to revised therapeutic guidelines, including revised recommendations for the treatment of HIV infections in adult and pediatric patients
- Newly published information on breakthrough oncology drugs approved as part of the FDA’s accelerated approval program
- Therapeutic recommendations supported by evidence from primary research
- Pharmacology and Pharmacokinetics
- Preparations, Chemistry and Stability
- Interactions, Adverse Reactions, Cautions
Handbook on Injectable Drugs
Trissel, Lawrence A.
This book is considered to be the gold standard for information on injectable drugs and it is widely used by pharmacists and other healthcare professionals across the world. With its 37-year track record for covering vast amounts of data with precise, accurate detail, nothing else comes close for compatibility, stability, storage, and preparation of parenteral drugs.The 19th edition brings together, more than 360 monographs, information on injectable drugs available commercially in the United States and in other countries. The aim of this book has remained unchaged over four decades. About half of the monographs have been revised and updated for this edition. The sources of this information are accumulated from 3,145 references, including 235 new to the edition.
Although primary peer-reviewed literature remains the major source of information of stability and
compatibility, beginning with this edition, references from pharmaceutics research carried out by the
pharmaceutical industry have been incorporated.
As the industry’s “gold standard,” the 19th Edition is uniquely designed to make complex and thorough data easily accessible to busy practitioners worldwide.
Drug Information Full Text (Two-Book Package):