Publication Year: 2017
Edition: 4th Ed.
Authors/Editor: Sadock, Benjamin; Sadock, Virginia A.; Ruiz, Pedro
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 87
An authoritative, affordable text that provides must-know information in clinical psychiatry - the most relevant clinical material from the best-selling Kaplan and Sadock’s Synopsis of Psychiatry, Eleventh Edition.
The book offers step-by-step guidance on the clinical examination, the psychiatric report, medical assessment of the psychiatric patient, laboratory tests, and signs and symptoms, as well as all psychiatric and substance-related disorders, with special chapters on children, adolescents, and the elderly.
It also covers special topics such as emergency psychiatry, forensic psychiatry, ethics, and palliative and end-of-life care.
- Provides concise but thorough coverage of the entire field of clinical psychiatry, including biologic, psychologic, and sociologic factors in health and disease.
- Contains real-world case histories throughout.
- Includes thorough updates and revisions throughout, all consistent with the DSM-5.
- Features new and extensively revised coverage of childhood disorders, gender dysphoria, issues affecting LGBT persons, reproductive medicine, physician-assisted suicide, PTSD, the effects of terrorism and torture, and much more.
- Includes new chapters on public psychiatry and world aspects of psychiatry, as well as a new section on brain stimulation methods.
- Features a unique, comprehensive glossary of psychiatric signs and symptoms, new to this edition.
Kaplan & Sadock's Concise Textbook of Clinical Psychiatry