Publisher: Centre for Evidence in Transplantation
Evidence-based medicine on all aspects of organ transplantation from the Centre for Evidence in Transplantation (CET), a joint project of the Royal College of Surgeons of England (RCS) and the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM).
The Transplant Library includes:
- All Randomized Controlled Trials (RCTs) in solid organ transplantation from the earliest record to the present.
- Congress Abstracts of RCTs, not available in PubMed, that have been presented at conferences, but have not yet been published (or never will be)
- Records of ongoing trials
- Good quality Systematic Reviews
- Expert Reviews written by a panel of >150 experts
- CET Conclusions: assessment of the methodological quality and the main trial conclusions written by the Centre for Evidence in Transplantation
Other features include:
- RCTs are critically appraised and receive a methodological quality score
- New publications receive a Clinical Impact Rating
- Practice Changing Studies are highlighted
- Personal Evidence Update: users receive monthly Personal Evidence Updates based on their selected topics of interest
- Direct free access to Open Access articles (~950 and growing rapidly)
- Records include funding information and trial registration number
- The search interface includes unique limits specific to organ transplantation to make searching even faster and more effective.
Transplant Library, The