Publication Year: 2012
Authors/Editor: Friis, Robert H.
Publisher: Jones & Bartlett Learning
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 100
This best-selling offering from the APHA/Jones & Bartlett Learning Essential Public Health series is a clear and comprehensive study of the major topics of environmental health.
The second edition covers new material including:
* New chapter (Chapter 14) on injuries
* All Web-based sources updated throughout to include the most recent information
* Expanded discussion of the history of environmental health, e.g., contributions of John Snow, Lemuel Shattuck, and Walter Reed
* New case study on pandemic influenza (H1N1) 2009
* Coverage of recent environmental controversies, such as use of bisphenol A in plastics
With a straightforward, non-technical approach, the author has included many examples and illustrations of environmental health issues. Perfect for the beginning student as well as the experienced health professional, each chapter concludes with study questions and exercises to engage the reader in further study.