Publication Year: 2008
Authors/Editor: Clark, Carolyn Chambers
Publisher: Jones & Bartlett Learning
Classroom Skills for Nurse Educators is a practical guide to translating educational theory and concepts into the real-world classroom
This new nursing education text assists both novice and seasoned educators with creative and successful teaching strategies and skills, dynamically illustrating interactive simulations and approaches that will help involve students in active, independent learning.
Filled with Nurse Educator Tips to help nurse educators implement learner-centered and critical thinking approaches.
Key features help the text come alive:
* Nurse educator competencies,
* Adult learning principles and theory,
* Teaching critical thinking skills,
* Iinformation on Bloom’s taxonomy,
* Detailed instructions for using peer learning and group work in the classroom,
* How to identify phases of learning,
* Evaluation of learning—creating tests, assuring validity, etc.
* Presents theories of how to be a “humanistic” nurse educator and designing “humanistic” learning methods.
Classroom Skills for Nurse Educators