Publication Year: 2009
Authors/Editor: Clark, Carolyn Chambers
Publisher: Jones & Bartlett Learning
Creative Nursing Leadership and Management provides relevant theory and ties it to practice by allowing learners to use critical thinking activities in a safe classroom environment.
The text focuses on creating leadership opportunities and creative solutions; using information technology; managing resources and change; delegation and succession: developing staff; and creative political, legal, ethical, effective, and safe interventions to keep staff engaged.
Key Features include:
* Chapter behavioral objectives for both beginning and more advanced learners
* Research Boxes summarizing relevant studies
* Leadership in Action case studies making theory come to life
* Leadership Challenge questions encouraging in-class discussion
* Leadership Tips that show readers how to apply theory in actual leadership situations
* Leadership Exercises featuring small group, simulated and role playing situations
* Web links, key terms and definitions, and key summary points
* Test and discussion questions
* Leaders Speak, a special section featuring real-life nurses sharing their secrets about becoming creative nursing leaders