Publication Year: 2007
Authors/Editor: Kaplow, Roberta; Hardin, Sonya R.
Publisher: Jones & Bartlett Learning
Designed to help the undergraduate nursing student in a critical care rotation and for nurses new to critical care.
Each chapter of Critical Care Nursing has application to the AACN Synergy Model, identifying and matching patient characteristics and nurse competencies, leading to optimal patient outcomes.
In addition to the core critical care nursing content, this unique text covers the following topics:
* Organ donation (including care of the donor as well as the organ recipient)
* Care of the postanesthesia patient
* Complementary therapies
* Common drug overdoses and poisonings
* Palliative care and death and dying in the ICU
* Family-focused care
* Each clinical chapter relates to the AACN Synergy Model, providing the reader with a theoretical basis for care
* Each chapter has evidence-based online resources
* Each clinical chapter has a case study with critical thinking questions
* Each chapter contains student activities at the end designed to help the student utilize the Synergy Model to patient care in the clinical setting.
Also featured are: multiple choice NCLEX-style review questions, evidence-based online resources, and student activities.