Publication Year: 2008
Authors/Editor: Sheldon, Lisa Kennedy
Publisher: Jones & Bartlett Learning
Intended as a quick reference, the second edition of Quick Look Nursing: Oxygenation assists nurses and nursing students in the development of individualized nursing care plans that incorporate the facts surrounding the concept of oxygenation.
Pullouts of key terms and facts reinforce the important aspects of the respiratory and cardiovascular systems. Arising from real-life patients, the text features case studies as an opportunity for students and health professionals to incorporate the important facts and concepts when thinking about individual patients.
Updated content includes:
* New interventions (such as CPAP) and medications for asthma and COPD
* New format featuring pullouts of important facts and Nursing Care sections for particular disorders
* Features NCLEX-Style Questions
Topics covered throughout this text include:
* assessment and management of the respiratory and cardiovascular systems
* common interventions to improve oxygenation
* the role of the hematological system in oxygen transport