Skillfully handle the daily demands of the emergency room, with the fully updated Emergency Nursing Made Incredibly Easy!®, 3rd Edition.
Full of colorful illustrations, humor and friendly expert advice, this go-to reference offers solid, step-by-step guidance on the assessments, exams, tests and treatments involved in emergency, trauma and critical care — all in the enjoyable Incredibly Easy® style.
Boost your confidence and know-how with this easy-to-read guide to emergency nursing:
- NEW chapter on psychiatric emergencies, which are first seen in the emergency room
- NEW chapter on obstetric emergencies that includes guidance on emergency delivery and the Apgar score method
- NEW chapter on disaster responses that offers concise guidelines on nursing triage, mobilization and management during mass casualty events
- Updated best practices on assessments, physical exams, diagnostic tests, treatment options and common disorders
- “Practice Makes Perfect” end-of-book practice test that addresses all topics in the book — ideal for students preparing for NCLEX® or nurses preparing for the CEN exam
- Up-to-date direction on care management in all areas of emergency nursing, including:
- Emergency department basics
- Holistic care
- Emergencies by body systems – cardiac; respiratory; gastrointestinal; musculoskeletal; renal, genitourinary and gynecologic; obstetrical; and maxillofacial and ocular emergencies
- Wound management
- Environmental emergencies
- Shock and multisystem trauma emergencies
- Helpful chapter features include:
- Just the facts – quick summary of content at the start of each chapter
- Ages and stages – age-related changes and how they affect a patient’s health
- “Nurse Joy” and “Nurse Jake” – expert insights that explain key concepts, provide important care reminders and offer reassurance
- Stay on the ball – critical areas to watch for — possible dangers, risks, complications or contraindications
- Education edge – helpful patient-teaching tips
- Quick quiz – end-of-chapter, multiple-choice questions that help you retain knowledge
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Product Type: Book
Author/Editor: Rebar, Cherie R.; Gersch, Carolyn J.; Heimgartner, Nicole
Emergency Medicine & Trauma
Edition: 3rd Ed.
Emergency Nursing Made Incredibly Easy!