Publication Year: 2004
Edition: 1st Ed.
Authors/Editor: Emmett, Gary A.
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 88
This handy volume in the Field Guide Series provides an easy-to-follow roadmap to the processes and procedures essential to proper care of the normal newborn.
The ideal quick-reference for family physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, medical students, and pediatric residents, the Field Guide to the Normal Newborn helps you focus on the ""what"" and ""how"" of normal newborn care—with clear and succinct descriptions highlighted by tables, charts, illustrations, and algorithms.
Be sure you're providing optimal care for your youngest patients!
* Complete coverage addresses all common problems that arise in the well baby nursery—clearly explained and diagrammed for rapid reference.
* Abundant tables and charts let you review vital information at a glance—everything from the use of maternal medications in breast-feeding and newborn metabolic screening tests, to a newborn-specific formulary and newborn-specific lab values.
* More than 25 handy algorithms prepare you to face the challenges of well newborn care.
* Instructive line drawings take you through the steps of commonly performed procedures.
* Detailed photographs help you recognize and treat common neonatal skin and eye disorders.