For expert, confidence-building guidance on handling fluids and electrolytes, turn to the irreplaceable quick-reference guide Fluids & Electrolytes Made Incredibly Easy!®, 7th Edition.
Written in the enjoyable Incredibly Easy!® style, it offers step-by-step direction on balancing fluids and electrolytes, understanding fluid imbalances and the disorders that cause them, treating imbalances and more. This real-world guide supports students and new nurses in class, on the unit and with NCLEX® preparation, while also serving as a solid refresher for experienced nurses.
Learn top-level skills to manage fluids and electrolytes:
- NEW and updated content on fluid-related concepts in easy-to-follow definitions
- Updated and revised content that offers clear definitions and on-the-job how-to’s
- Explains the science of fluid and electrolytes in clear and practical terms as they relate to patient care
- Patient care examples that include common fluids-related diagnoses, appropriate patient outcomes and the basis for each recommended treatment
- Easy-to-follow sections that offer practical insight and guidance on nursing skills:
- Balancing basics – balancing fluids, electrolytes, and acids and bases
- Fluid and electrolyte imbalances – imbalances in fluids, sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, chloride, and acids and bases
- Disorders that cause imbalances – including heat-related illnesses, heart failure, respiratory failure, excessive GI fluid loss, acute pancreatitis, renal failure and burns
- Treating imbalances, including fluid losses and excesses – IV fluid replacement and total parenteral nutrition
- Lists fluid and electrolyte imbalances commonly seen in pediatric and elderly patients
- Guide to transfusing blood
- Special chapter features offer invaluable recaps and quick explanations:
- Just the facts – quick summary of content at the start of each chapter
- “Nurse Joy and Jake” – offer expert insights, important care reminders, and reassurance throughout
- Ages and stages – age-related changes and how they affect a patient’s health
- Teaching points – patient-teaching tips that help patients prevent recurrence of the problem
- That’s a wrap – quick end-of-chapter review of chapter content
- Memory jogger – memory aids that help you grasp and remember difficult concepts
- Quick quiz – end-of-chapter NCLEX®-style practice questions
- Practice Makes Perfect – end-of-book practice exam with 60 NCLEX®-style questions
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Product Type: Book
Author/Editor: Willis, Laura M.
Dictionaries & Word References
Edition: 7th Ed.