Publication Year: 2017
Edition: 7th Ed.
Authors/Editor: Mitch, William E.; Ikizler, T. Alp
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 79
Doody Core Title:
Revised and updated by experts in both nephrology and clinical nutrition, this seventh edition provides practical and clinically relevant information for addressing the nutritional needs of patients with acute and chronic kidney disease.
- Useful for physicians, dietitians, nurses, and anyone who works with patients afflicted by chronic kidney disease (CKD), hemodialysis (HD), peritoneal dialysis (PD), and kidney transplants.
- Each chapter contains tables and figures that visually demonstrate nutritional principles and enable you to find essential information quickly.
- Presents easy-to-follow sample menus with lists of ingredients and dietary recommendations.
- Chapters cover the affects of kidney disease on metabolism and hormonal function, nutritional approaches to caring for different patient types, an overview of nutritional biochemistry and digestive physiology in healthy adults, and more.
- Includes guidelines and requirements for people with hypertension.
Handbook of Nutrition and the Kidney