Get a thorough grounding in delivering safe, effective infusion therapy with the friendly support and technical guidance of the newly updated Infusion Therapy Made Incredibly Easy!®, 5th edition.
This complete how-to on administering and monitoring different IV medications delivers clear direction on vital concepts, terms, and techniques - backed by numerous illustrations, confidence-building humor, and expert insights. Offering clear, concise direction for nursing students, this popular Incredibly Easy!® text is also the ideal refresher for nurses and all practitioners learning best practices for a range of infusion therapies.
Get the skills and know-how needed to administer infusion therapy successfully...
- NEW and completely revised/updated content with the latest infusion therapy techniques
- Easy-to-read, easy-to-remember guidance for students and practitioners lacking IV experience
- Start-to-finish directions and concise explanations on areas such as:
- Access sites
- Equipment use and management
- IV starting techniques, including line insertion
- Handling complications
- Infusion therapy using peripheral veins
- Infusion therapy requiring central venous access
- Parenteral nutrition
- Antineoplastic, biologic, and chemotherapy
- Discontinuing an IV
- Managing hypothermia, hypernatremia, calcemia, and kalemia
- Special considerations for pediatric, geriatric, and home care patients
- Legal issues and professional standards
- Dozens of colorful diagrams, photos and illustrations explain skills and core concepts, including:
- Delivery methods
- Flow rates
- Infusion fluids and medications
- Monitoring and documentation
- Transfusion therapy
- Special features include:
- Just the facts - a quick summary of each chapter’s content
- "Nurse Joy" and "Jake" offer clear explanations, vital care reminders, and expert insight on interventions and problem-solving
- Quick quiz - multiple-choice questions after each chapter to help you retain knowledge
- That’s a wrap! - summary of key information for quick chapter review
- Best practice - evidence-based standards for administering and monitoring infusion therapy
- Warning - possible risks or complications
- Running smoothly - pointers on keeping both patient and equipment problem-free
- Memory jogger - anecdotes and memory tricks to help you retain vital content
- Practice Makes Perfect - end-of-book NCLEX practice questions for solid exam preparation
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Product Type: Book
Author/Editor: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Edition: 5th Ed.
Doody's Star Rating®:
Infusion Therapy Made Incredibly Easy!