For nearly 25 years, Kaplan & Sadock's Pocket Handbook of Psychiatric Drug Treatment has been an authoritative source of up-to-date, easy-to-find information on the full spectrum of psychiatric drug therapy.
Now fully revised, the Seventh Edition of this essential guide remains the drug reference of choice for psychiatrists and other physicians, as well as psychiatric residents, medical students, clinical psychologists, psychiatric nurses, and other professionals who provide care for the mentally ill.
- Includes many new FDA-approved drugs, as well as updated information about drug selection and use that reflects both research data and clinical experience.
- Presents information in a clear, concise manner, classifying drugs according to their pharmacological activity and mechanism of action.
- Includes separate, updated chapters on nutritional; supplements and herb preparations, drugs used in the treatment of obesity, and medication-induced movement disorders.
- Provides a wealth of data for each drug: chemical name; preparation and dosages; pharmacologic actions; indications for use and clinical applications; use in children, elderly persons, and pregnant and nursing women; side effects and adverse and allergic reactions; and drug-drug interactions.
- Reflects DSM-5 classification guidelines throughout.
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Product Type: Book
Author/Editor: Sadock, Benjamin J.; Sussman, Norman; Sadock, Virginia A.
Primary Care/Family Medicine/General Practice
Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing
Edition: 7th Ed.
Doody's Star Rating®:
Kaplan & Sadock's Pocket Handbook of Psychiatric Drug Treatment