Publication Year: 2015
Edition: 3rd Ed.
Authors/Editor: Berry, Daniel J.; Maloney, William
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 95
Superbly illustrated text remains your go-to resource for the most advanced and effective surgical techniques for the hip.
More than 1,000 high-quality photographs and drawings guide you step by step through each procedure, and personal pearls from master surgeons provide operative tips that foster optimal care and outcomes.
Eight new chapters bring you completely up to date with what’s new in the field.
- Masterful coverage of new approaches and techniques, including extended greater trochanteric osteotomy and variations; arthroscopy for structural hip problems; double-tapered stems (ream and broach); techniques for proximal femoral deformity; custom triflange devices; and more.
- Extended discussions of non-arthroplasty approaches, primary total hip arthroplasty, and revision total hip arthroplasty, as well as all-new coverage of techniques to manage infection and osteolysis in total hip arthroplasty.
- Full-color, sequential, surgeon’s-eye view intraoperative photographs combine with radiographs and detailed drawings by noted medical illustrators to provide a highly visual guide to hip surgery.
- The world’s foremost surgeons describe their preferred techniques in step-by-step detail, explain the indications and contraindications, identify pitfalls and potential complications, and offer pearls and tips for improving results.
- Comprehensive coverage includes surgical approaches, non-arthroplasty approaches, primary total hip arthroplasty, complex primary total hip arthroplasty, revision total hip arthroplasty, special revision techniques, and concise sections on pre- and postoperative care.
Master Techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery: The Hip