Publication Year: 2004
Edition: 1st Ed.
Authors/Editor: Birrer, Richard B.; Kalb, Robert L.
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 53
This new volume in the Field Guide Series provides a clear path to effective fracture management.
Organized by body region and fracture type, this practical resource covers the full spectrum of topics related to effective fracture management—from essential clinical guidance on casting and splinting techniques and handling complications to chapters on training, case selection, and insurance issues.
* Standardized chapter format includes a "how-to" outline to help you locate key facts easily.
* Useful illustrations, tables, and figures offer vital visual guidance in the effective treatment of simple and complex fractures.
* Practical, how-to approach shows you what works, what doesn't, and why.
* Pediatric content assists the family practitioner in treating childhood fractures.
* Tips on avoiding pitfalls help you optimize results
Field Guide to Fracture Management