Publication Year: 2014
Edition: 3rd Ed.
Authors/Editor: James W. McNabb MD
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Helps you master the techniques that can provide optimal pain relief, save health care dollars, increase patient satisfaction, and enhance the doctor/patient relationship.
The detailed descriptions provide inside help you need to understand the critical steps in each procedure, as well as the rationale behind them, helping you treat a variety of common musculoskeletal conditions with confidence. Only the most essential information is included, so the facts you need are always at your fingertips.
This easy-to-understand, fully-illustrated text offers practical, evidence-based information on a wide variety of injection and aspiration techniques for common skin and musculoskeletal conditions.
- Hundreds of full-color illustrations help you identify landmarks and determine exactly how to proceed.
- An all-new chapter on injected anesthesia, including nerve blocks, brings you up to date in this key area.
- New coverage of inflammatory dermatoses, carpal tunnel syndrome, myofascial trigger points, and different approaches to the knee joint help you provide pain relief and improved function to a wide variety of patients.
- Comprehensive coverage includes a diverse group of musculoskeletal disorders, chalazions, keloids, warts, and occipital neuralgia, as well as the use of corticosteroids, viscosupplementation, and dry needling.
- Solid guidance in foundational principles covers anatomy and landmarks, when to refer, indications and contraindications, special medical conditions, equipment, complications, coding and billing, and much more.
- Helpful appendices provide consent forms, aftercare handouts, and information on documentation.
Practical Guide to Joint & Soft Tissue Injections, A