Editor(s): David M. Keepnews
Publisher: Sage Publications, Inc.
Policy, Politics & Nursing Practice is a quarterly, peer-reviewed journal that explores the multiple relationships between nursing and health policy. It serves as a major source of data-based study, policy analysis and discussion on timely, relevant policy issues for nurses in a broad variety of roles and settings, and for others who are interested in nursing-related policy issues.
Policy, Politics & Nursing Practice aims to:
1. Provide accessible, relevant exploration of public policy, the legislative and regulatory processes, and their impact on nursing practice;
2. Examine nurses’ roles in health policy and the political process;
3. Explore the role of nursing in the health care system and in health policy development;
4. Provide a forum for evidence-based policy analysis, commentary and discussion.
The journal features a range of articles on policy, politics and nursing, including:
* Research on health services and health policy
* Analysis and commentary on developments in health policy of concern to nurses in a broad variety of roles and specialties
* Discussion and debate on issues facing the nursing profession
Articles reflect a variety of methods, including quantitative research, case studies, research reviews, evaluation, historical analysis and commentary.
Policy, Politics & Nursing Practice