Publication Year: 2013
Edition: 3rd Ed.
Authors/Editor: Zdeblick, Thomas A.; Albert, Todd
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
This popular volume in the Master Techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery Series combines the step-by-step procedural guidance that readers have come to trust with new and updated discussions of specific procedures. The text’s how-to format helps readers face the challenges of spinal surgery with confidence.
- Surgical guidance from recognized masters in their specialty helps refine technique, minimize error, improve outcomes, and manage complications.
- Consistent, reader-friendly format provides key facts on the background, indications/contraindications, presurgical preparation, operative technique, postsurgical follow-up, recommended reading, and tips and pearls for each procedure.
- Abundant intraoperative color photos and precise line drawings reveal areas not visible to the surgeon during a procedure.
New to the third edition:
- Six new chapters address Transpedicular Fixation, Anterior Cervical Arthroplasty, Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion, and Lumbar Disc Arthroplasty.
- Expanded coverage of neurologic issues in spinal surgery broadens the text’s scope and assists in presurgical planning and choice of technique.
Master Techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery: The Spine