Publication Year: 2015
Edition: 6th Ed.
Authors/Editor: Alpers, David H.; Taylor, Beth E.; Bier, Dennis M.; Klein, Samuel
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 70
Doody Core Title
Coauthored by three physicians and a dietitian, this quick-reference manual provides practical, state-of-the-art, evidence-based nutrition recommendations for healthy adults, hospitalized patients, and people with a full range of health conditions. It’s an ideal source to help you meet the nutrition needs of every patient.
- Effectively counsel healthy patients with nutrition recommendations for both young and older adults, and provide specific guidance for patients who are pregnant or lactating.
- Find information on individual nutrients (e.g. vitamin D, iron), contained in a dedicated section covering nutrient components.
- Get detailed guidance with separate chapters on Protein and Calories, Vitamins, Minerals, and Dietary Supplements.
- Access advice specific for metabolic disorders (diabetes, dyslipidemia, and renal disease), for obesity, and for chronic wasting diseases (cancer, AIDS).
- Make informed decisions on enteral and parenteral nutritional therapy.
Manual of Nutritional Therapeutics