Publication Year: 2016
Edition: 3rd Ed.
Authors/Editor: Coviello, Jessica Shank
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 76
Use this enjoyable reference for at-a-glance reviews of how to use and monitor ECG equipment, obtain and interpret rhythm strips, and accurately spot and treat arrhythmias. Full of helpful charts, illustrations, and easy-to-relate-to definitions, this is the perfect on-the-spot guide for students, new nurses, and all those looking for expert guidance on the job.
- NEW and updated content in quick-read, bulleted format, with easy-to-remember guidance on topics including: *Identifying and interpreting atrial, junctional, ventricular, sinus node, and atrioventricular arrhythmias *ECG effects of electrolyte imbalances
*ECG effects of antiarrhythmics
*Basic and advanced electrocardiography, including equipment uses and components - Dozens of photos, drawings, and diagrams clearly outline key concepts, including:?8-step method of ECG evaluation
- Identifying and monitoring disorders, rhythm disturbances, and electrolyte imbalances
- Placement of different types of leads
- Identifying and solving monitor problems
- Interventions – Administering nonpharmacologic and pharmacologic treatments for arrhythmias, including pacemakers, ICDs, and antiarrhythmics
ECG Interpretation Made Incredibly Easy! Pocket Guide