Publication Year: 2004
Edition: 2nd Ed.
Authors/Editor: Spitz, Joel L.
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 81
Specially designed for dermatologists, pediatricians, and family physicians, this user-friendly guide to genetic skin disorders is an ideal resource for both board preparation and clinical practice.
To help make learning a difficult subject more efficient and effective, the text takes a user-friendly, visual approach, featuring more than 300 full-color illustrations and a format designed for maximum retention of content.
You'll find features like these:
* Each syndrome is presented in easy-to-read, two-page spreads, allowing you to read material in depth or at-a-glance;
* Full body diagrams and clinical photographs of each syndrome;
* Bulleted text summarizing the patterns of inheritance, prenatal diagnosis, incidence, age of presentation, pathogenesis, key features, differential diagnosis, laboratory findings, management, and prognosis;
* Boxed features highlight clinical pearls and add insight and breadth to the material;
* New syndromes such as PHACE, AEC, EEC, Griscelli, and Birt-Hogg-Dube.